According to AXIOS, Trump said in an interview on Tuesday that he is considering sending another carrier strike group to the Middle East in preparation for possible military action should negotiations with Iran fail. The US and Iran resumed talks in Oman last Friday, marking their first return to the negotiating table since June of last year. However, Trump is simultaneously pushing forward with a large-scale military buildup in the Gulf region. Trump stated that he expects a second round of US-Iran talks to be held next week. He said, "We have one fleet heading to the region, and another might be heading there too." A US official confirmed that discussions have indeed taken place regarding the deployment of a second carrier strike group to the region. However, Trump also expressed optimism about a diplomatic approach, saying that Iran "very much wants a deal" and, under military pressure, is more serious about negotiations than ever before. "Last time they didn't believe I was really going to do it, and they misjudged the situation. This time the negotiations are very different."